Just a quick note about contacting me:
My regular address and email address have not changed and they are below.
julia.k.meyer@gmail.com
Julia Meyer/PCV
Uwemba Secondary School
P.O. Box 241
Njombe
Tanzania
It seems to take anywhere from a week to a few months for letters or packages to arrive in either direction, and I know of some of each that never arrived (though I haven't entirely given up hope...). The best way to send packages is still to send padded envelopes under 4lbs. And don't forget to write Julia Meyer/PCV on any packages so my customs fees get waived!
I also have a cell phone and two sim cards. These days, I most often have this card in: +255769108655. The other card is: +255783645574. I check them both at least once a day, so sending a text shouldn't be an issue. (Although they, too, don't always go through.) For calling, if one doesn't work (you hear a voice recording speaking Kiswahili) then try the other. Or, send me a text to set up a time and tell me which number you'll call. Sorry it's not incredibly convenient and a bit complicated... TIA, this is Africa!
I'm doing well and will write a longer update soon, just wanted to get this out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment