It's almost over, and I can't believe it. The students I taught for the past two years have left (because they finished the national exams), almost all of the teachers I like have also left (to grade said exams), and tomorrow I leave Uwemba for the last time as a PCV. Last weekend I visited Brian in Lugarawa for the last time and said goodbye to friends there, and this past week I've been packing up and saying goodbye and giving stuff away in Uwemba. It's been a weird combination of emotions. Still living in my house but without all the stuff that's made it a home, lots of the people I became close to being gone, feeling ready to go home but not wanting to leave forever . . . It's really sad to say goodbye to someone who's been a big part of my life the past 2yrs and I'll probably never see again, or when I think about aspects of my life here that Ill be leaving behind tomorrow, never to experience again. I'm bored with the norm (living in Uwemba) and really excited for the new (starting life in the States), combined with a readiness for change and yet not wanting to give up the good of the here and now, and a fear that the new wont be as good and that it'll change things I love about the now. I'm so ready to leave, but when I realize/think about things that I'm doing for the last time or a person who I'm hardly going to communicate with for the rest of my life, it gets really hard. I don't want to leave behind the
places I've made all these memories :-( but i guess all that usually accompanies big life changes and moving, this is just on the extreme end. I'm not going to write too much because I don't want to start crying here in the computer place, but considering I'll be dealing with this for a long while to come, you'll probably have another chance to hear me out :)
See you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment